June 8, 2007

These Airs I Wear....



" Bad yella bitch keep my passenger seat warm
Leg hangin' out the window, you ain't got these on"


I started collecting shoes back in '99. I wasn't asking my parents to get me the latest Jordan's or Nike's because I wanted to be the coolest kid in school. NO it was never about that. It was about the feeling I got when I laced a new pair of kicks on my feet. Shit, I didn't even wear most of my new kicks maybe once or twice they were just so good to look at. These days the game done changed. You got dudes claiming to be a sneaker head because they got 5 pairs of shoes and they think that it's fly. Be yourself real heads collect because we love it. This whole culture is getting to mainstream thanks to every ones favorite guy STEVE over at Instyleshoes. I mean damn...wall street journal articles.....news reports.....people getting robbed for new releases. All because Major shoe companies want to fool you kids into thinking your getting the illest shoes out by offering all these limited edition shoes eh......MAN....I just had to vent...Sneakers are about so much more....but yet so much less than what they are making it out to be. Do it because it means something to you not because your trying to impress a group of people........Y'all take it easy.....thanks for stopping by......You know how I do...I hope your doing the same..just keep on....

-Living Fresh







1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for writing this.